The goal of this policy is to provide guidelines for the use of alcohol at Bethel United Church sponsored
events. In providing these guidelines, the intention is to recognize that while the reasonable consumption of alcohol has its place in our common social life, it is important to promote responsibility and safety at events in which alcohol might be served.
As per our facility use policy confirmed June 2019 there will be no alcohol permitted on church premises.
It is the policy of Bethel United Church that alcohol (beer/wine) may be served at Church-sponsored events
with the requirements listed below.
- All occasions where alcohol is being served must follow provincial legislation (The Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Saskatchewan).
- A Special Occasion Permit (SOP) is required whenever alcohol is being served. This is to be obtained by the organizer of the event.
- A permit holder, or designate, must be on-site for the duration of the event. The permit holder must be knowledgeable of, and adhere to, all regulations within the Application for a Special Occasion Permit. A signed copy of the SOP must be submitted to the church office.
- The SOP must be displayed publically during the event.
- Alcohol will be limited to wine and/or beer.
- Non- Alcoholic beverages must also be available.
- Food must be available when alcohol is served.
- Alcohol service must finish one hour before the event ends.
- No overnight storage of alcohol is permitted.
- No alcohol will be served at youth or children's functions.
- The sales receipts/proof of purchase must be readily available during the event in case of a visit from an inspector.
Amended by the Council Feb. 12, 2020